Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Home Sweet Home in Chicago

Whew! after about 39 hrs. travel, i finally reached HOME. that's Chicago. it's been a long travel but fun.

2230, MNL. our long flight c/o PAL PR104 from MNL to SFO. 11hrs. the touch screen monitor kept me entertained. haha. long as i got any touchscreen device, i'm happy. played games, (tried to) watch the movies (failed to catch my attention), listened to different albums... among the albums i listened to was that of Lady Gaga - in remembrance of my dear friend, Ge-An. =)

After arrival, since there are no more SFO-MDY flights that evening, spent the night in the airport. Time passed by so slooooowly. All flights for the next few days were overbooked. The only available one was a OAK-MDY flight the following evening, which had 20 seats available then (but later on overbooked as well).

In the morning, did some airport exploration in search of something called the BART train to get my ass to Oakland, where I shall take my flight to MDW. upon its discovery, i had to orient myself as to how to purchase its tickets. Found some money changer in the process. had my $20 bill broken down into $5 bills. it was soooo cool! i was so amused.
after all that amazement died down, i tried to orient myself to the BART train's route. FAIL. Some nice fellow helped me out and gave me the instructions on what i should do, what to take, etc. So I did as told and took the train, got off at Balboa.. then fail. I knew I was told to wait for the "Magic FREE MONT train"... FAIL. what she meant was FREMONT train. also a BART train. Only its headed to FREMONT.
So, to simplify things: BART train = general (e.g. bus); FREMONT train = specific (e.g. school bus)

Anyway, got of at the Coliseum stop point and managed to get to Oakland International Airport c/o a shuttle. waited all the way till 2PM to check-in for my 6PM flight.

0000,MDY. Arrived at Chicago. took a service to tita Linda's residence and well, here I am. =)

No comments: