Saturday, October 16, 2010

Keeping the Faith

Late last night, I stayed up watching a movie that caught my interest. Showing on Star Movies was a yr 2000 movie starring Ben Stiller & Edward Norton entitled "Keeping the Faith". For reasons I'd rather not say, I did sort of relate to the movie and it did remind me of someone, you know who you are. And so, this goes mainly to you, I think.
Seeing the movie, I was amazed by the many quotes made that captured my interest and made sense to me, and so I took notes of them in my mind and modified 'em a little bit. And now, I don't know where to start, but let's try to puzzle this up.
I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU. And that fact has changed a lot in me. I now doubt everything I had going on in my life. All that I had been gearing toward all these years, is that me? To be a doctor, to live a luxurious life, to have fancy cars, private jets, etc. Is that all that my life is about? Cos I don't feel right about it anymore. That's the fact that shatters me right now. I realize now - and it continues to reveal itself more as days pass - that YOU are what I truly, desperately need in life. YOU are literally all that matters to me now.
I'm not asking for marriage, I am asking you to say that you're in love with me too and that you'll never let me go,... that you'll want to try to see that this works. Cos I am. I'm willing to lose everything I have to try this out with you. I risk everything. I risk my life, the life ahead of me. Everything. I've thought about it a million times over and I'm sure. That's how much I need you.
I realize that in order to make a real commitment, I have to realize/accept that it's a choice that I have to make again and again and again and again. Every single day. I do. and I told you - I will commit myself, my life to you... to loving you.
I am not sorry for falling in love with you, for loving you. You have been the best thing that ever happened to me - you're my greatest blessing ever. But I am sorry that you have little faith in the people around you, in me...that you're scared to take a step forward, for us, because of that little faith you have.
You just have to learn to trust. If not all people, at least in me... because even if others will let you down, I will always be here for you, no matter what. I'm ready to love you even more, forever. I am forever yours.

No comments: